Friday, January 3rd, 2020
How were your holidays?
We hope that you were able to spend time with family and friends, relax and unwind, and just enjoy your time together. It’s officially 2020, have you set goals for the new year yet? Although some people think setting a New Year’s resolution or goal(s) sets you up for inevitable failure, we think otherwise.
When you set a goal, whether you stick to it for a day, a week, a month, or forever, if it allows you to make an improvement in your life, even temporarily, that’s a great thing. Sometimes we just need that temporary mental shift to propel us forward towards greater things.
Need some ideas for business goals? Emails & social media are a great place to start. They can be overwhelming and time consuming if you allow them to be. Our suggestion? Make a conscious effort to spend your time sending emails & interacting on social media productive.
– Set filters to sort emails that are not time sensitive like promotions from companies, or newsletters to their own folder. Then set a reminder to check that folder each week at the same time.
– Make your email replies meaningful but brief.
– Set specific times of the day to check your emails.
Don’t get caught in the rabbit hole of social media.
– When interacting for your business, allot time like you would for any other task.
– Have a list of tasks to follow (follow 10 people, answer questions, leave meaningful responses).
– Don’t forget that social media is SOCIAL, interaction is key. Be sure to respond to customer feedback the same way you would if you were talking to that person face to face.
We hope that you have a great 2020, we look forward to seeing what the New Year will hold!